Brewer Job Description
Below is an example job description for a Brewer, intended for use as a template for a craft brewery.
A brewer at a craft brewery oversees the entire beer production process, from recipe development to the final product. They are responsible for selecting ingredients, creating and following recipes, managing brewing operations, and ensuring that the quality of the beer meets the brewery's high standards. Brewers must also maintain clean and functional brewing equipment, adhering to safety protocols and industry regulations. Additionally, they may contribute to new beer development, participate in public brewery events, and undertake necessary administrative tasks. Their role is crucial in shaping the brewery's offerings and maintaining its reputation for high-quality craft beer.
About Our Brewery
At [Brewery Name], we pride ourselves on creating distinctive, high-quality craft beers with passion and dedication. We believe in innovation and creativity, and our team is integral to this mission. Located in the heart of our city, our brewery serves as a hub for local craft beer enthusiasts, fostering a welcoming community where everyone feels at home.
As a pioneering craft brewery, we believe in fostering a culture of continuous learning and growth. If you're passionate about craft beer and eager to contribute to a dynamic team, we invite you to apply.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Brewer at [Brewery Name] will be responsible for:
- Participating in all aspects of the brewing process including brewing, fermentation, cellaring, and finishing
- Ensuring that all beer is brewed to the highest standards and consistent with [Brewery Name]’s recipes and quality guidelines
- Carrying out routine cleaning and maintenance of the brew house, fermentation vessels, and other brewing equipment
- Assisting with the development of new recipes and the implementation of test batches
- Adhering to and promoting safety procedures
- Ensuring all paperwork and system entries are accurate, timely, and consistent
- Participating in brewery tours and events as a representative of the brewing team
Physical and Mental Requirements
Brewing is both a physical and intellectual craft, and the role requires:
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move heavy objects (up to 55 lbs) and occasionally lift and/or move heavier items (up to 165 lbs)
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, as well as climb, stoop, crawl, and maneuver in tight spaces
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work under pressure
- Exceptional attention to detail and commitment to quality
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Comfort with basic computer programs and brewery operation technology
At [Brewery Name], we value our employees and offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Generous paid time off
- Employee beer allowance and merchandise discount
- Opportunities for professional development and learning
Instructions for Applying
Interested applicants should submit their resume and a cover letter explaining why they're the perfect fit for this role at [Brewery Name]. Applications should be submitted through our website or via email to jobs@[breweryname].com with the subject line "Application for Brewer Position."
[Brewery Name] is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Looking to hire a Brewer?
CraftBeerGigs is where the best craft breweries go to hire.
More Brewery Job Description Templates
Curious about compensation? We've got Brewer Salary details!